Sunday, August 2, 2015

Bloggity Blog

Hi friends and family!

I am starting another blog in order to keep friends and family updated on our new life as husband and wife. I have always found writing to be quite a calming and wonderful way to remember everything -- more on my terrible memory later -- and have decided that this blog will help me remember all the highs and lows during our years together.

With that being said, this will not be a documentation of how miserable I am, nor will it be filled with lies about how perfect everything is. Brandon and I are a normal couple, with normal highs and lows. This blog really serves two purposes: to help me remember all the joys of living with my best friend and to remind me of prayers that have been answered.

(Photo Credit: Tad Craig Photography)

First off, you should know that I have a terrible memory. I'm not talking about little things, like forgetting to turn off the Keurig. I'm talking major events. I can (and will, on occasion) forget giant spans of time. I forget vacations I've been on, family events, etc. So please don't take it personally when I cannot, FOR THE LIFE OF ME, remember that one time when we did that one thing. I'm not being rude and, in fact, if I could change it, I would.   I'm actually not even sure why this happens...but that's life so I have accepted it. To answer your questions:

Yes, I have gone to counseling.

No, I do not expect it to change.

Yes, I am okay with it.

In order to fight my lack of memory, I turn to taking pictures and to writing in my journals or my phone, or whatever piece of paper I can grab. I will most likely annoy my future kids with my incessant need to take 100 million photos of everyday activities. (Whatever, they might thank me later...especially the embarrassing pictures I will inevitably show their future spouse *evil laugh*).

WHOA, getting ahead of myself. Back to the blog.

 I am so happy that I live in an era where "blogging" and Instagram are a thing. Now, when I am feeling nostalgic, I can look back on my past posts and reminisce, and I can feel hip and trendy while I am doing it, too.

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Megan and I recently married the most handsome man I've ever seen. We decided to get married in Maui and it was the most wonderful day of my life. I will be posting our wedding day (my side) shortly. Mainly so I can remember it.
(Photo Credit: Tad Craig Photography)


Other things that you should know about our family. We live in the tiniest little cottage with our two adorable black spaniel mixes - you will see those angels on my Instagram. My husband works for the city and I am a kindergarten teacher. This blog will be full of stories from my classroom as well as all the craziness that happens at home. I will most likely write blogs about failed Pinterest recipes that I've attempted to make for Brandon, our first year as husband and wife, and the chaos that is teaching.

I hope you enjoy seeing snippets of our crazy and wonderful life!



XO - Megs



No comments:

Post a Comment