Saturday, November 7, 2015

18 Week Update

Well ladies and gents,

We found out the gender! WE FOUND OUT! WE FOUND OUT and I want to scream it from the rooftops, but I can't post about it until we are able to tell our family!

Luck has it that my side of the family is visiting this Wednesday, so I am able to tell a few of them. :)


I  have to brag about Brandon. I have been really struggling with my weight gain, nothing fits me! Ack! I was crying to myself and B asked what was wrong. I told him about my struggle and he looked at me with the sweetest eyes and said, "Honey, you are the most gorgeous I have ever seen you; you are carrying our child." What a perfect husband.

Updates: 

 Stretch Marks? Still no stretchies on my belly! I am using Vitamin E oil and Burt's Bees Mama Butter. My pregnancy brain won't allow me to remember my pre-pregnancy weight...I think I have only gained 10-25 pounds. So we will see what happens! 

Sleep? The pregnancy pillow I bought has been wonderful. I bought it on Amazon. It is called the Snoogle and is absolutely perfect. It helps me keep on my left side while I sleep, although I keep waking up on my back. I'm trying. :/ Last night was the first time that I turned onto my stomach in my sleep. I woke up immediately due to extreme discomfort. I guess I can no longer lay on my tummy. 

Movement? I think I have felt little. I can see little from the surface (tiny waves across my belly), but I'm not sure if I have felt movement yet. It feels like butterfly wings, which I read is what fetal movement feels like at first. I can't wait to know for sure if it's little. 

Cravings? My cravings are silly. It's anything I see someone else eating. The other day at school I saw a little girl eating Doritos and I had to have them! I almost took some from one of my students during lunch....I mean if she offers, it's ok right?

Gender? I can't say yet!!! 

Belly Button In or Out? It's in, but it's starting to get shallow (if that's makes sense). It will most likely pop out. 

Symptoms: I am no longer nauseous. Just anxious, but getting better. Weight is adding fast and I no longer have any food aversions. :)

Best moment of the week? The best moment was finding out the gender! We went to a 3D/4D ultrasound place for an early reveal and I let the technician know that I did NOT want to know. (I didn't want to find out there. I wanted to find out from Brandon in the comfort of my own home). The technician was super nice and thought it was awesome to be included in our little plot to keep the gender secret from me. 

She turned the monitor away from me while they were checking the gender. It was the most exciting time of my life. I was shaking with anticipation the whole time. After what seems like FOREVER, she says they had found out the gender and now I could see little on the big screen without finding out-- she was going to stay away from the "revealing area". 

She turned on a large screen TV and showed us our precious baby. Little was moving so much, little fists were moving and legs too. The head was moving a lot and I watched Brandon stare up at the screen in amazement. His eyes were tearing up while he watched our little baby moving around. He kept squeezing my hand every time little would make a big movement. He couldn't take his eyes away from the screen. After a few minutes, B turned to me with an amazed look and asked how I couldn't feel all the movement in there. 

I would say the best moment was watching our little move, but honestly, it was seeing the look in Brandon's eyes while he was watching our baby. I have never seen Brandon look at something with such love and it was so overwhelming. EEK, ok now I am crying again...

After our appointment we drove home. It was so fun trying to grill Brandon to tell me what little was! B was so excited that he knew and I couldn't wait to find out. 

Finding out at home was so much better than having a stranger tell me. Brandon had purchased both a boy outfit and a girl outfit for the appointment and after he found out the gender, he wrapped the outfit in the cutest little box for me to open. After the 15 hour drive -- just kidding, it just felt like it-- we set up the camera and he gave me the gift. I got to unwrap little's first outfit and find out that little was a __________!!!!! YAY!!!!!!! 

I will post the video of our gender reveal once we tell our families. :)

What I am looking forward to: I am looking forward to our move! We found a lovely 2 bedroom townhouse in a better area. My family is coming down on Wednesday to help us move! I am so excited to have a place for Little's nursery! 

I am also looking forward to telling our parents if Little is a boy or a girl! 

EEEEEEEE!!!!





XO - Megs

No comments:

Post a Comment