Tuesday, March 15, 2016

36 Week Bumpdate!

Hi guys!


Guess what?! We will be considered "full term" on Wednesday! What?! Oh my gosh, I'm not old enough to have a baby. How did I get here?!?

Minor freak out aside, we had our 36 week appointment last Thursday and it was wonderful/awful.

Wonderful: I LOVE my new doctor! She is sassy and makes me feel super comfortable with all the questions that I ask -- a ton. #newmom

Awful: The doctor told me that I was gaining too much weight (40 lbs, I've gained 40 lbs. How? I don't know). Of course, out of embarrassment, I had a hot flash and Brandon got to see the beautiful shades of red that I could turn. Yay!

Also, she checked my progression, which essentially means she stuck her fingers up there to see if my body was preparing for birth. NOPE.  NOT AT ALL.

Updates: 

 Stretch Marks? Yay! I have a few that are creeping up the side. The are really just old stretch marks that have expanded, but it's finally happening. 

I'm not sure if this qualifies in this category, but I have a belly piercing. I took the jewelry out months ago, but I noticed that the skin in that area has been super tender and actually started bleeding the other day. I am worried that the skin might be stretching to the point of breaking. So what did I do? I googled it. DON'T GOOGLE IT. People's skin burst open. And yes there are pictures on Google. And yes, it will scare the crap out of you. 

Sleep? I found out that the couch is actually extremely comfortable. Our bed is almost 10 years old, so it was indents from where B and I lay on the side. It's like being cuddled into a giant taco. It didn't use to bother me, but now, with the amount of effort and energy it takes to roll over (or even get comfortable) it does. So I took a nap on the couch and it was amazing!!! The little separations between each couch cushion added more support for my belly. Win.


Movement? He is no longer jerking around, and I wonder if it's from lack of space. The movements are now very slow in nature. He is a very active baby. :)

Cravings? My best friend (who is not a doctor) diagnosed me with Pica. But it makes perfect sense. I have cravings for the weirdest things ever. Pica is an eating disorder that stems from anemia, which I have..but it has never been this crazy. Pica is essentially cravings for non-food items. 

My "Pica" Cravings:

  • 409 Cleaner (I would never, don't be crazy.)
  • Sawdust (Yes, I tried this. But, it was just a little bit, Brandon made me stop.)
  • Ice


Belly Button In or Out? Still popping out, but not quite all the way. 

Symptoms: Obsessing over getting everything done and in place for the arrival of baby J. I believe they call this "nesting". With the little energy I have after coming home from work, I usually tackle a few projects on my own to-do list. Spring Break is just around the corner, so I'm pretty sure I will go crazy at that time with all of the cleaning and organizing that I want to do! 

Best moment of the week? There have been so many wonderful moments since that last update. Guys, we had 4 baby showers that my loved ones decided to throw us! Once I get my phone to work again, I will post photos of the showers.  They were all so wonderful and made me and B feel so blessed.



 Yep, I sure did ask for a donut cake.

 Nicole is 20 weeks! Yay for pregnant friends! Guess we will have to move back to Redding now....
 *Sidenote: Yes, those are bear slippers. Because, Momma Bear.

 This cake, right?!?!?!?!
I know that I have more photos on everyone else's phones....Please send me photos! 


Aside from the showers, another great moment is feeling like I am almost "prepared" for the birth. I use quotes, because who can ever really be ready or prepared?! 

I realize that I have done so much research about what I will need/need to do before baby comes and I have completely neglected the research on how to actually care for baby J. 

I mean, I have a car seat and stroller now, but how do I change a diaper!? 

EEEEEK. 



What I am looking forward to: We are looking forward to meeting our little. I am so curious to see what he actually looks like. I realize he will probably look like an ugly, squishy alien for a while, but the after! I hope he has dimples like daddy. My heart is so overwhelmed. 




1-5 more weeks to go! 




XO - Megs

No comments:

Post a Comment