Hi guys!We had our 38th week checkup on Thursday! I was able to have my sister come with me this time. So it was a packed room (Brandon, Sky, the doctor, and myself) in the tiny room when Dr. Munro checked me. She said that I was 80% effaced and 2cm dilated. I screamed from excitement. I wish I was exaggerating, but nope. I couldn't control myself. I screamed and then I started crying. Hormones.
It was a huge surprise because I haven't been having painful contractions. I have been having plenty of Braxton Hicks, but I didn't think they were actually doing anything. I thought it was just helping my body practice...
Anyways, the doctor said that it could be tomorrow or a few weeks from now. Although she did tell me that she was working on Sunday, if we wanted to aim for that day. :)
The morning after, I experienced my "bloody show" (I know, overshare) and Brandon had a minor heart attack -- I'm pretty sure from the excitement that he is almost a daddy!
Updates:
Stretch Marks? I still just have the few on the side. They have gotten a bit bigger, but I don't have any on the front of my tummy. I also feel like weight gain should be a category. So I'm adding it here. I am a solid 179.2. I'm keeping it under 180 at this point. That is a solid 35-40 pound weight gain. Ugh. Jaxon, I love you, but please get out!
Sleep? I'm not sure what that word means. Suh-leep? What? Huh? No, but really, I have been sleeping (uncomfortably) for a few hours. I like to take long walks to the bathroom every hour.
Sidetone: My bathroom is right next to my bed. But every time I attempt to get up from the bed, I feel like I have to wait until my spine aligns properly before taking the next steps...
Last night was the most fun. I had to wake Brandon up (poor guy) so he could help me up from the bed. I felt like my hips were broken, or maybe just had disappeared. I could not get up by myself. If you have read my previous posts, you will know that my bed holds us in like tacos, so I'm blaming the bed...and the relaxin.
Tacos. Mmmmm. I probably need tacos.
#breakforlunch
#justkidding
#secondbreakfast
#secondlunch
#firstdinner
#tacoseveryday#179.2
Movement? He is still an extremely active baby and now that he has dropped quite a bit, there might be more room for his little limbs to flail around. He has been rolling and kicking and punching me like crazy. Just practicing his baby yoga, getting super strong.
Cravings? In my last post I explained my weird cravings, Pica, ladies and gents, Pica.
Yes, I still want to drink 409.
No I will not do it.
I haven't added anything crazy to my list of yummy cravings...
Yesterday, I went to lunch with Mawlma, B and Pops. We went to a brewery (of course) and I got to enjoy the walk to the bathroom about 4 times while we were there. It was glorious. They must have just cleaned the hallway/bathroom because the smell of bleach was overwhelming. I almost licked the floor. I didn't, don't worry, but my mouth was watering everytime. I probably would have enjoyed the floor more than my salad. Om nom nom.
Belly Button In or Out? I think it's out as much as it will ever be!
Symptoms: I have been having Braxton Hicks for a few days, nothing too crazy. But I am trying to help the process along. Mommy and Daddy are really excited to meet Jaxon. I would love to meet him sooner than later because he is gaining 1/2 pound per week. Goodbye, vagina - It's been fun.
Best moment of the week? The best moment of the week was when I asked B to install the car seat in the truck. Naturally, I followed him out to the car because #1 - I am a stage 5 clinger and #2 - because I wanted to be a part of the process. Brandon opened the door and set the car seat in and paused. He got a huge smile on his face.
Me - "What's going on, B?"
B- With a look of disbelief --"This is happening."
What I am looking forward to: We are looking forward to meeting J.
Me - "How do you feel?"
B - Huge grin (dimples and all) -- "Like a daddy."
Ahhhhhhh. My heart.
Other notes: I had purchased the What to Expect: The First Year for Brandon's coworker and B never gave it to them. So, on one of our long drives, I started reading it. Guys! That book is phenomenal. It knows everything. I really need to read it. The whole thing before J comes. That gives me 8 hours (wishful thinking).
Things Mommy has done to try to meet J:
- Castor Oil
- Raspberry Tea
- Birthing Ball
- Curb Walking
- Hot Showers
- Pineapple
- Spicy Foods
- Overeating
- Running on the Beach
XO - Megs


No comments:
Post a Comment